TURQUOISE PLACE PAINTER
We are looking for a skilled PAINTER to paint the interior/exterior of our buildings and other surfaces.
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint, repairing drywall, etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Perform paint prep, repairs, painting in a timely and efficient manner as assigned by daily work orders.
- Notify supervisor of equipment and facilities requiring repair or replacement.
- Use preventive maintenance to maintain equipment and tools as assigned.
- Cleanup work area upon completing a work order.
- Perform daily/weekly inspections
- Perform other reasonable duties, functions, and special projects as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Excellent customer service/hospitality skills required
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum of 1 year of prior painting/drywall experience, required
- Ability to use electronic work pad
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- High school diploma; successful completion of an apprenticeship preferred
- Be able to lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to stand/walk for entire shift.
- Be able to climb and stand on ladders and stairs.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel
- Ability to work in outside, inclement weather conditions.
Spectrum Resorts is home to people who want to make a difference in the lives of others. We work together to redefine the beach vacation - and make the world a better place in the process.
What does it take to become World Class? It takes an entire team united behind a central vision. At Spectrum, we all work together to “Create Happy Memories” – for our Guests, for our Rental Partners, and for our Team Members. We work hard, we innovate, we have fun, we celebrate each other’s successes, and together, we deliver the best resort experience on the Gulf Coast.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)